Sometimes, you just need a cookie. Am I right or am I right? Mondays, rainy days, days when Mother Nature is a real ‘mare (you know what I mean, fellow ladies!), days before pay-day, Sunday evenings, Friday nights, mornings, afternoons… OK, so I always need a cookie.
These peanut butter cookies are my go-to cookie treat. Gooey and soft, salty and sweet, and super quick to make with only three ingredients, they’re practically perfect in every way. And of course, they’re gluten-free and dairy-free. Why are you not making them yet already?! 😉
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 10-12 cookies
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)
Optional: Salt for sprinkling
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment.
2. Pop the peanut butter, sugar and lightly beaten egg into a mixing bowl. Mix until all combined.
3. Spoon out the mixture onto the baking tray. I use an ice cream scoop for this as it ensures consistent sizes, a nice moundy mound, and makes me think of ice cream and sprinkles.
4. Flatten each mound down with a fork, pressing once vertically and then again horizontally to make some beautiful sort of basket-weave indent. Your cookie mounds can be pretty close together for this recipe as they don’t spread too much during baking.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until starting to brown. Once out of the oven, leave to harden for a little while – if you pick them up too soon, you’ll just end up with a mess of peanut-butter-cookie-dough gloop. (Yes, I know there are worse things, but still…)
6. Sprinkle with a bit of salt before serving. This is optional, but trust me… DO IT! You can also add chocolate to these cookies by popping a chocolate treat on the top in the last few minutes of baking time. Up to you, sweeties.
7. Eat. With milk, ice cream, chocolate sauce, a cup of tea, raspberries, a dollop of peanut butter, one at a time, all in one sitting…